- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Baked Stuffed Onions Recipe
|Spanish onions||4 Medium|
|Cooked brown rice||125 Milliliter (1/2 Cup)|
|Cooked lentils||125 Milliliter (1/2 Cup)|
|Chopped celery||60 Milliliter (1/4 Cup)|
|Gravy||125 Milliliter (1/2 Cup)|
|Minced fresh parsley||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Walnuts||15 Milliliter, chopped (1 Tablespoon)|
|Tarragon||5 Milliliter (1 Teaspoon)|
Calories 190 Calories from Fat 33
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6%
Saturated Fat 0.48 g2.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 2.5 mg
Sodium 279.6 mg11.6%
Total Carbohydrates 35 g11.6%
Dietary Fiber 5.6 g22.4%
Sugars 10 g
Protein 6 g12.5%
Vitamin A 10.8% Vitamin C 36.2%
Calcium 8.5% Iron 10.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
2) Cut the tops of all the onions.
3) Scoop out maximum fleshy part from inside the onions, leaving 2 to 3 onion layers and the skin.
4) Cut off a thin slice from the onion’s bottom (root end), taking care that the cavity is not cut and so that, the onion can be placed upright.
5) Chop the fleshy onion centers.
6) Bake the onions with their skins for 25 to 30 minutes.
7) In a medium sized bowl, mix the chopped onion with the remaining ingredients.
8) Use this ingredient mixture to stuff the shells of the onions.
9) Bake the onions in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until they become tender.
10) Serve as starter dish.