- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Baked Stuffed Lobster Recipe
|Live lobsters||5 Pound (4 Small Ones, Weighing About 1 1/4 Pounds Each)|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs), melted (2 Sticks)|
|Unsalted soda cracker crumbs||2 2⁄3 Cup (42.67 tbs)|
|Chopped parsley||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 1176 Calories from Fat 513
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 58 g89.4%
Saturated Fat 31.4 g156.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 659.6 mg
Sodium 2622.1 mg109.3%
Total Carbohydrates 47 g15.6%
Dietary Fiber 4 g15.9%
Sugars 0.4 g
Protein 113 g226.5%
Vitamin A 75.1% Vitamin C 19.6%
Calcium 30.1% Iron 15.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Place live lobsters into a very large kettle of boiling salted water
2. Cover and cook for 8 to 10 minutes until lobsters turn a bright red.
3. Remove at once with tongs, drain and let cool.
4. Preheat the oven to 425°F
5. On a meat board, place each lobster on its back and cut down center from head to tail with scissors or large knife, not to cutting through hard shell of back.
6. Crack lobster open and remove pink coral (roe), if any, green tomalley (liver), stomach sac, black vein running from head to tail, and spongy gray tissue.
7. Brush meat with melted butter or margarine.
8. Arrange open lobsters on baking sheets.
9. In a bowl, mix cracker crumbs, parsley, paprika, and salt and tip in remaining melted butter or margarine and stir lightly to mix.
10. Spoon equally into opened lobsters.
11. Bake lobsters for 15 minutes, or until crumb topping is golden.
12. Place each lobster on a large serving plate
13. Garnish with water cress and lemon wedges, if you wish.
14. Serve hot accompanied with hot buttered toast if you like.