- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Baked Stuffed Cod Steaks Recipe
Calories 306 Calories from Fat 61
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.6%
Saturated Fat 1.5 g7.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 98.8 mg
Sodium 400.8 mg16.7%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.4%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9.3%
Sugars 5.2 g
Protein 43 g86.9%
Vitamin A 34.5% Vitamin C 46.8%
Calcium 10.9% Iron 12.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Pre-heat oven to 350°F, gas mark 5.
2. Carefully remove bone from the cod steaks; wash and pat dry. Mildly season.
3. Prepare stuffing and stuff it into the centre of steaks.
4. In a heatproof dish, place the steaks and dot with margarine and pour milk around.
5. Close dish with a lid or greased paper.
6. Keep it a third of the way down the oven, cook for 20 to 30 minutes or until fish is just soft and flakes separate easily. Any liquor after cooking fish should be added to sauce.
7. Transfer steaks to a hot dish. Decorate with parsley, slices of lemon and baked tomatoes.
8. Serve with parsley sauce by the side.