- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Baked Strawberry Alaskas Recipe
|Jam swiss roll slices||4 Ounce (4 pieces, 25 gram each)|
|Ripe peach/Nectarine||1 , skinned and stoned|
|Strawberries||9 Ounce, thinly sliced (250 gram)|
|Whole strawberries||4 (for garnish)|
|Caster sugar||1 3⁄4 Ounce (50 gram)|
|Vanilla iced dessert||8 Ounce (4 scoops, 60 gram / 2 ounce each Weight Watchers from Heinz)|
Calories 358 Calories from Fat 123
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.1%
Saturated Fat 7.4 g37.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 45.2 mg15.1%
Sodium 161.6 mg6.7%
Total Carbohydrates 56 g18.5%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g9.8%
Sugars 44.5 g
Protein 4 g8.6%
Vitamin A 8.7% Vitamin C 79.8%
Calcium 8.7% Iron 2.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the grill to high.
2. In the bottom of four small ramekin dishes, place the Swiss Roll slices.
3. In a bowl, mash or liquidize peach or nectarine with the sherry.
4. Spoon the puree over the sponge bases.
5. Top it with the sliced strawberries.
6. In a scrupulously clean bowl, make a meringue mixture by whisking the egg white.
7. Whisk until stiff.
8. Keep adding little sugar and whisk until the meringue becomes glossy.
9. Spoon a scoop of the iced dessert on top of the sliced strawberries.
10. Swirl the meringue on top.
11. Make sure that the meringue forms a seal, without gaps, around the edge of each ramekin dish to insulate the Iced Dessert from the heat.
12. Place the dish in preheated hot grill and bake until the meringue is tinged golden brown.
13. Serve Baked Strawberry Alaska immediately with a whole strawberry on each slice.