- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Stuffed Poached Pears With Brandied Vanilla Cream Recipe Video
|Dried apricots||3 Tablespoon|
|Dried cranberries||2 Tablespoon|
|Dried cherries/Raisins||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped walnuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cooking liquid ingredients:|
|Apple cider||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Grated nutmeg||To Taste|
|Ground ginger||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground clove||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla brandy||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 260 Calories from Fat 98
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g16.9%
Saturated Fat 3.2 g15.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 10.8 mg
Sodium 6.3 mg0.3%
Total Carbohydrates 37 g12.3%
Dietary Fiber 4.9 g19.5%
Sugars 27.9 g
Protein 3 g5%
Vitamin A 9.2% Vitamin C 5.7%
Calcium 3.2% Iron 6.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Slice the pears in half, do not peel. With a melon baller scoop out the core to make a cavity and place the pears in a 3” deep casserole dish.
2) In a pan, add the cooking liquid ingredients, bring to a simmer on medium heat and then pour over the pears.
3) If the dried fruit is too hard you can soften it in the cooking liquid.
4) Mix the dried fruit together and fill the cavities of the pears. Scatter the walnuts over the top.
5) Bake 30-40 minutes at 350 degrees until the pears are tender.
6) Vanilla Ice Cream Sauce, soften vanilla ice cream and whisk into vanilla whipped cream.
7) Serve the baked pears with the vanilla ice cream sauce.