- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Baked Spanish Rice: On the Side #23 Recipe Video
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Long grain rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chicken stock||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Jalapeno pepper||1 , seeded and chopped|
|Diced tomatoes||14 Ounce, drained (1 can)|
|Red bell peppper||1 , chopped finely|
|Green bell pepper||1 , chopped finely|
|Shredded cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Non fat sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Salt & pepper||To Taste|
Calories 528 Calories from Fat 199
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g34.6%
Saturated Fat 9.7 g48.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 49 mg
Sodium 610.5 mg25.4%
Total Carbohydrates 63 g21%
Dietary Fiber 3.2 g12.7%
Sugars 9.5 g
Protein 17 g34.8%
Vitamin A 52.7% Vitamin C 145.9%
Calcium 30.9% Iron 7.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350 ̊F.
2. In large saucepan over medium heat, add olive oil and butter. When the butter is melted, saute onions until soft, about 4 minutes.
3. Stir in the rice and cook for 2 minutes, then add jalapenos and stock.
4. Turn the heat up to a medium-high and bring to boil. Transfer into a oven-proof casserole dish.
5. Cover and bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and stir in tomatoes, bell peppers, sour cream and cheese. 6. Add salt & pepper to taste and mix well.
7. Turn oven up to 400 ̊F and bake uncovered, for 20 minutes.
8. Let the rice sit for 10 minutes and then serve with your favorite dishes and enjoy!