- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Baked Spanish Onions Recipe
|Garlic||1⁄2 Clove (2.5 gm)|
|Finely chopped parsley||1 Teaspoon|
|Lime juice||5 Drop (Adjust Quantity As Per Taste)|
|Fresh white breadcrumbs||2 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 548 Calories from Fat 228
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g40%
Saturated Fat 15.9 g79.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 64.5 mg
Sodium 631.9 mg26.3%
Total Carbohydrates 74 g24.7%
Dietary Fiber 11.5 g45.9%
Sugars 27.6 g
Protein 10 g19.4%
Vitamin A 23.7% Vitamin C 88.7%
Calcium 20.6% Iron 15.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Drain well. Cut into two crosswise.
3. Arrange on buttered baking dish, cut sides up.
4. Chop garlic fine. Blend garlic with butter, parsley, salt and pepper. Gradually beat in lime juice.
5. Spread mixture evenly over the six half onions.
6. Cover and bake in moderate oven at 175° C (350° F) or Gas 4 for about 45 minutes basting from time to time.
7. Sprinkle with the breadcrumbs, return to oven and bake for another 10 to 15 minutes.