- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Baked Southern Style Chicken and Chips Recipe
|Baking potatoes||32 Ounce|
|Sunflower oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Coarse salt||2 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Pinch|
|Paprika pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dried thyme||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chicken drumsticks||8 , skin removed|
|Egg||1 Medium, beaten|
|Cold water||2 Tablespoon|
|White breadcrumbs||6 Tablespoon|
|Low fat coleslaw salad||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sweetcorn relish||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2621 Calories from Fat 565
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 63 g97.2%
Saturated Fat 10.9 g54.5%
Trans Fat 0.5 g
Cholesterol 635.8 mg211.9%
Sodium 4933 mg205.5%
Total Carbohydrates 349 g116.2%
Dietary Fiber 18.3 g73.1%
Sugars 93.8 g
Protein 159 g318%
Vitamin A 44.9% Vitamin C 123.2%
Calcium 40% Iron 128.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Arrange the potato wedges, skin side down, on a non-stick baking sheet (cookie sheet), sprinkle over the sea salt and bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes until they are tender and golden-brown.
3. Meanwhile, mix the flour, cayenne, paprika, thyme and salt and pepper to taste together on a plate. Press the chicken drumsticks into the seasoned flour to lightly coat all over.
4. On one plate mix together the egg and water. On another plate sprinkle the breadcrumbs. Dip the chicken drumsticks first in the egg and then in the breadcrumbs. Place on a non-stick baking sheet (cookie sheet).
5. Bake the chicken drumsticks alongside the potato wedges for 30 minutes, turning after 15 minutes, until they are tender and cooked through.
6. Drain the potato wedges thoroughly on absorbent kitchen paper to remove any excess fat. Serve the potato wedges with the chicken, accompanied by low-fat coleslaw and sweetcorn relish, if wished.