- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Baked Saucy Meat Balls Recipe
|Ground beef||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Sausage meat||1⁄2 Pound|
|Applesauce||8 Ounce (1 Jar Junior)|
|Soft bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs) (2 Slices)|
|Prunes||8 , pitted and chopped|
|Condensed tomato soup||10 3⁄4 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 408 Calories from Fat 273
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g46.6%
Saturated Fat 10.8 g54%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 80.4 mg
Sodium 655.4 mg27.3%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g5.1%
Dietary Fiber 1 g4.1%
Sugars 8.9 g
Protein 20 g39.2%
Vitamin A 3.6% Vitamin C 3.7%
Calcium 1.4% Iron 8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 375°F before baking.
2) Take a large bowl and mix together ground beef, sausage meat, applesauce, bread crumbs, prunes, salt, and pepper in it with a fork just until blended.
3) Figure the mixture into 24 balls and keep in an 8-cup baking dish.
4) Take a small bowl and combine tomato soup and water in it.
5) Spoon this over meat balls and bake, covered for 1 hour until bubbly in center.
6) Serve hot.