- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Baked Salmon with a Herb Crust Recipe Video
|White breadcrumbs||50 Gram|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Yellow pepper||1 Medium|
|Cos lettuce leaves||6 Small|
|Lemon oil||3 Teaspoon (to drizzle)|
|Sea salt/Pepper||2 Teaspoon|
Calories 472 Calories from Fat 251
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g43.5%
Saturated Fat 4 g19.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 78 mg
Sodium 1820.9 mg75.9%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g6.9%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g8.7%
Sugars 2.1 g
Protein 34 g67.2%
Vitamin A 76.4% Vitamin C 193.2%
Calcium 10.7% Iron 21.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Make a little lemon oil the day before.
2. Get the fillets cut by a fishmonger from the centre of the salmon about 150g each.
3. Skin and remove any bones, especially taking care to remove the pin bones.
4. Make the fresh white breadcrumbs and place in a clean bowl.
5. Wash and dry the herbs and chop finely leaving a couple of leaves of dill for the final garnish.
6. Mix with the breadcrumbs and season lightly.
7. Wash the tomatoes and allow them to dry.
8. Peel the cucumber, remove the seeds and cut the flesh into small dice.
9. Cut the pepper into half, remove the seeds and cut into small dice.
10. Peel and cut the shallots into very fine dice.
11. Mix the cucumber, pepper and shallots in a small bowl, lightly season and add a touch of lemon oil.
12. Cover with cling film and place in the fridge until later.
13. Wash a few small, crisp cos leaves and dry them well.
14. Pre-heat the oven to 180°C (Gas Mark 4).
15. Lightly grease a baking tray with a little olive oil.
16. Place the salmon fillets on the tray, brush each one with olive oil and season with a twist or two of salt and pepper.
17. Coat the top of each fillet with the breadcrumbs and herb mixture, pressing down quite firmly.
18. Place the salmon in the pre-heated oven and bake for about 15 minutes depending on the thickness of the fillets.
19. After about 8 minutes, add the tomatoes to the tray and season and drizzle over a little olive oil.
20. When cooked, remove the baked salmon from the oven and allow the salmon to rest for a few minutes.
21. Place a few small crisp cos leaves onto warmed plates.
22. Spoon over some of the cucumber mixture and carefully lay a baked salmon fillet on top.
23. Drizzle over a little lemon oil and garnish with a leaf or two of dill and the vine tomatoes.
24. Serve your baked salmon immediately.