- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Baked Red Snapper with Potatoes and Olives Recipe
|Potatoes||1 Pound, peeled and very thinly sliced (500 grams)|
|Lemons||2 , sliced|
|Butter||3 Ounce (75 grams)|
|Red snapper||1 Large, cleaned (or use 4 small)|
|Pitted black olives/Pitted green olives||6 Ounce (175 Gram)|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon (for sprinkling)|
|Dill sprigs||3 (for garnishing)|
Calories 871 Calories from Fat 219
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g51.5%
Saturated Fat 13 g64.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 269.8 mg
Sodium 892.7 mg37.2%
Total Carbohydrates 27 g9%
Dietary Fiber 3.9 g15.6%
Sugars 0.9 g
Protein 122 g243.2%
Vitamin A 13.2% Vitamin C 76.6%
Calcium 28.2% Iron 16.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven at 190°C/375°F/ Gas Mark 5.
2. In the bottom of a large greased shallow baking dish or roasting tin layer the sliced potatoes and lemons and dot generously with butter.
3. Layer the potatoes with fish, season with salt and pepper and scatter olives over the snapper.
4. Over the fish sprinkle olive oil generously and bake for 45 to 50 minutes according to the size of the fish such that they are tender and flake easily.
5. Serve immediately with a sprinkle of dill.