- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Baked Red Snapper With Julienned Vegetables Recipe
|Red snapper||4 Pound, head on, tail removed, and boned (About 1 3/4 Pounds Usable Fish)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Carrots||4 , peeled and julienned|
|Celery ribs||4 , julienned|
|Onion||1 Large, thinly sliced|
|Butter buds||1 Teaspoon|
|Dried thyme||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|White wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon (Juice Of 1 Lemon)|
|Finely chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 564 Calories from Fat 40
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g16.1%
Saturated Fat 2 g10.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 167.8 mg
Sodium 541.7 mg22.6%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g5.9%
Dietary Fiber 4.2 g16.7%
Sugars 7.7 g
Protein 91 g181.9%
Vitamin A 222.1% Vitamin C 37.7%
Calcium 26.1% Iron 16.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Pre-heat the oven to 425°F.
2. Take an 8- X 12-inch oval baking dish and spray it with PAM. Keep aside.
3. Wash the fish and rinse it inside out.
4. Season the cavity of the fish with salt and pepper.
5. With a sharp knife, cut 4 or 5 diagonal slashes only along one side of the fish.
6. In a large skillet, heat oil.
7. Add the carrots, celery, and onion to the hot oil.
8. Cook for 2 minutes over moderate heat until the vegetables are just soft.
9. Now sprinkle the Butter Buds on them.
10. Turn the skillet around to distribute them.
11. Take the greased baking dish and make a bed of the vegetables.
12. Place the fish on this bed.
13. Add the bay leaf, thyme, wine, and lemon juice to the dish and place it on a stove.
14. Bring the mixture to a boil.
15. Cover the dish with aluminum foil and place it in the pre-heated oven.
16. In the oven, bake for 30 minutes
17. Serve hot.
You can prepare the envelopes and refrigerate them.
Bring the envelopes to room temperature before cooking.