- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Betty's Baked Potato Fans Recipe Video
|Baking potatoes||2 Medium|
|Butter/Margarine||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon, melted|
|Chopped herbs||1 Tablespoon (I used parsley, chives, thyme, and sage. You may use any or all of these. If you are using dried herbs, use only 1 teaspoon altogether)|
|Shredded sharp cheddar cheese||2 Tablespoon, finely shredded|
|Grated parmesan cheese/Grated romano||1 Tablespoon (or Peccorino Romano cheese)|
|Cooking oil spray||1 Teaspoon (as needed)|
Calories 165 Calories from Fat 80
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14%
Saturated Fat 5 g25.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 22.1 mg
Sodium 357.9 mg14.9%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.5%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g4.6%
Sugars 0.6 g
Protein 5 g10.5%
Vitamin A 7.9% Vitamin C 9.8%
Calcium 10.9% Iron 4.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Wash, peel and keep potatoes covered with water until ready to use.
2. Using paper towel dry the potatoes and cut them into thin slices without detaching them as shown in the video.
3. Preheat the oven to 425 degree F.
4. Grease a baking dish with cooking spray and line it with foil. Set aside.
5. Place potatoes in the baking dish and fan the potatoes slightly.
6. Drizzle butter over them and sprinkle salt and herbs on top. You can also put some between the slices.
7. Pop the dish in oven and bake for about 50 minutes.
8. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with cheeses.
9. Bake for another 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned and fork tender.
10. Serve immediately and enjoy!
You may double the recipe as needed.