- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Baked Potato Stuffed With Mushrooms Flavoured With Brandy And Cream Recipe
|Butter||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Sea salt||To Taste|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|White button mushrooms||1 Pound (450 Gram)|
|Onion||1 Small, chopped|
|Double cream||4 Tablespoon|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , juiced|
|Corn flour||1 Teaspoon|
|Nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon, freshly grated|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, freshly chopped|
Calories 588 Calories from Fat 279
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g48.5%
Saturated Fat 14.9 g74.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 61 mg
Sodium 107.6 mg4.5%
Total Carbohydrates 65 g21.6%
Dietary Fiber 8.9 g35.7%
Sugars 5.8 g
Protein 11 g21.3%
Vitamin A 20.7% Vitamin C 123.9%
Calcium 6.5% Iron 18.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Wash the potatoes well
2. Dry them thoroughly
3. Clean and dry the mushrooms and trim off all the parts of the stalk that are sandy or earthy. Leave small mushrooms whole
4. Prepare the potatoes by wrapping them in foil
5. Place the potatoes in a baking dish and bake for 1 hour at 400°F/200°C (Gas Mark 6).
6. Remove the potatoes from the oven
7. Then cut in half lengthways and scoop out all the pulp.
8. Set the pulp aside in a bowl and mash it or sieve it with butter to form a smooth puree
9. Add salt and pepper
10. Add the mashed potatoes to the piping bag and carefully pipe a border around each potato shell. Leave a central cavity around each one that has to be filled with sauce.
11. In a large saucepan, heat the butter
12. Add the onions and cook till they are brown
13. Cook gently for four minutes or till done
14. Collect the juice that is formed in a separate saucepan.
15. Boil for three minutes until reduced by half.
16. Add the brandy, saffron and cream and boil for 4 minutes until syrupy. Add the lemon juice.
17. Blend the cornflour (cornstarch) with 4 tablespoons of water and stir this into the sauce.
18. Cook to thicken.
19. Check the seasoning and add nutmeg.
20. Place some mushrooms and some sauce into the cavity of each potato.
21. Serve immediately.