- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Baked Potato Skins Recipe
|Idaho potatoes||6 , baked|
|Butter buds||4 Ounce, mixed with tap water (1 Packet)|
|Hot tap water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
Calories 528 Calories from Fat 4
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.41 g0.63%
Saturated Fat 0 g0.01%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 352 mg14.7%
Total Carbohydrates 125 g41.5%
Dietary Fiber 13 g52%
Sugars 0.1 g
Protein 13 g25.9%
Vitamin A 21.8% Vitamin C 97.2%
Calcium 0.1% Iron 0.27%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the broiler.
2. Halve the potatoes lengthwise.
3. From each half, use a teaspoon to scoop out the flesh, leaving a shell of skin and flash or 1/4 thickness. You can reserve the scooped out potato flesh for another purpose.
4. Half each potato shell lengthwise using a sharp knife.
5. Arrange the potato boat on a baking sheet, cut side up.
6. Brush them with the Butter Buds
7. Sprinkle salt and pepper on them if you like.
8. Just before serving, broil the potato shells for about 5 minutes or until crisp and golden, keeping and eye on them so that skins do not char.
9. Serve the potatoes hot and crispy as a side dish or even as an appetizer along with your favorite low fat dip.