- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Baked Pork Shank with Potatoes ( Stinco al forno con Patate ) Recipe Video
|Potatoes||1 1⁄5 Kilogram|
|Celery stalks||1 Medium|
|Rosemary branch||11 Small|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Juniper berries||10 Gram|
|Red wine||8 Ounce|
|Extra virgin olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Pork shanks||1200 Gram, cooked|
|Meat broth||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
Calories 951 Calories from Fat 392
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 43 g66.7%
Saturated Fat 15.9 g79.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 196 mg65.3%
Sodium 942.5 mg39.3%
Total Carbohydrates 69 g23.1%
Dietary Fiber 9.9 g39.5%
Sugars 6.5 g
Protein 72 g144.9%
Vitamin A 61.9% Vitamin C 110.9%
Calcium 12% Iron 20%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a wide saucepan, saute carrot, onion, garlic and celery with melted butter and oil.
2. Once brown add the pork shanks and brown them as well, then add the red wine and let it evaporate.
3. When the wine has evaporated, add the potatoes which have been cut into halves, herbs and mashed juniper berries, add salt to taste and cook everything for 10-15 minutes with the lid on.
4. Then take a baking tray add the meat broth and then put everything in the baking pan.
5. Bake the pork shanks in the oven at 390°F (200°C) for 30 minutes or until the potatoes get soft.
6. Flip the shanks over occasionally, and add broth when necessary.
7. Serve the Baked Pork Shank with Potatoes along with a glass of red wine.