- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Baked Polenta with Wild Mushrooms Recipe Video
|Polenta cake||1 Pound (6 slices)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Cremini mushroom||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced|
|Shitake mushrooms||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fresh parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon, grated|
|Non stick cooking spray||1 Dash|
|Vegetable cooking spray||1 Dash|
Calories 163 Calories from Fat 82
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.9%
Saturated Fat 3.6 g18.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 17.8 mg
Sodium 156.4 mg6.5%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g5%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g6.1%
Sugars 3.2 g
Protein 6 g12.6%
Vitamin A 8.8% Vitamin C 11.1%
Calcium 6.8% Iron 2.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Grease a cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
3. On the cookie sheet, place the slices of polenta and brush with ½ a teaspoon of olive oil.
4. Bake the polenta slices in oven for 5 minutes.
5. Over medium high heat, heat a non-stick skillet with vegetable spray and sauté the mushrooms until they are nice and soft; approximately 5-6 minutes.
6. Add in the parsley and cook it a little bit more until it wilts and is fragrant.
7. Spoon the mushroom mixture evenly over the polenta slices.
8. Finish it with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.
9. Bake it in the oven for another 5-10 minutes until the cheese softens.
10. Serve Baked Polenta with Wild Mushrooms on the sides of pork, beef or fish.