- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Baked Penne with Mushrooms and Cheese Recipe
|Wild mushrooms||1 Pound, thinly sliced|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm)|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), crushed|
|Hot pepper flakes||1 Pinch|
|Swiss cheese||6 Ounce, shredded|
|Brick cheese||6 Ounce|
|Havarti cheese/Brick / bel paese cheese||6 Ounce|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), grated|
|Whipping cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|35% whipping cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
Calories 1077 Calories from Fat 518
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 58 g89.6%
Saturated Fat 36.6 g183.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 194.6 mg
Sodium 587.6 mg24.5%
Total Carbohydrates 85 g28.3%
Dietary Fiber 10.2 g40.8%
Sugars 7.3 g
Protein 53 g105.7%
Vitamin A 62.1% Vitamin C 23.3%
Calcium 100.6% Iron 31.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven.
2) Cook the penne al dente in salted, boiling water for about 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
3) In a bowl mix all the three kinds of cheeses.
4) In a skillet, melt butter and saute galic, mushrooms and pepper flakes for 3 minutes.
5) Into the casserole, add the 1/4th amount of pasta. Spread 1/4 th of the mushroom mixture over it and another layer of 1/4th the cheese mixture.
6) Repeat the layers thrice, pour cream on top and sprinkle salt and pepper.
7) Bake covered for about 12 minutes.
8) Remove the cover and bake for about 12 more minutes or until a light crust is formed at the top.
9) Serve the Baked Penne with Mushrooms and Cheese hot.