- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Betty's Brown Sugar Pecan Picnic Ham -- Easter Entree! ☼ Recipe Video
|Ham||10 Pound, uncooked (picnic shoulder or picnic ham)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Pecans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped into a fine meal|
Calories 278 Calories from Fat 76
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.2%
Saturated Fat 2.2 g10.8%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 125.2 mg41.7%
Sodium 105.2 mg4.4%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.25 g1%
Sugars 8.1 g
Protein 40 g80.3%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0.05%
Calcium 3.4% Iron 6.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
2. In a roasting pan, place ham, skin side up along with the juices and water. Cover and seal the pan with a large piece of foil.
3. Place the pan in the oven and cook for 4 hours or until the internal temperature reaches 148 degrees (20-24 minutes per pound).
4. After 2 hours remove the pan from the oven and trim off most of the fat and skin from the ham.
5. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and pecans. Mix well.
6. Coat ham with brown sugar-pecan mixture and place it back into the oven. Reduce oven heat to 250 degrees and bake further, uncovered.
7. Remove pan from oven, lift ham out of juices and place on a cutting board. Tent with foil and let it rest for about 5 minutes.
8. Slice and serve hot.