- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Baked Pasta - Italian Recipe Video
|Bread||100 Gram (crust removed)|
|Parmesan cheese||100 Gram, grated|
|Ground meat||250 Gram|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, chop|
|Nutmeg powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|For the tomato sauce|
|Tomato puree||4 1⁄4 Cup (68 tbs)|
|Fresh basil leaves||6 Small|
|Extra virgin olive oil||To Taste|
|For the b chamel sauce|
|Whole milk||4 1⁄4 Cup (68 tbs)|
|Pasta||600 Gram, boil|
|Provolone cheese||300 Gram|
|Parmesan cheese||4 Tablespoon, grated|
Calories 1217 Calories from Fat 474
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 53 g82%
Saturated Fat 27.7 g138.6%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 316.1 mg
Sodium 1518.7 mg63.3%
Total Carbohydrates 120 g39.9%
Dietary Fiber 8.2 g32.8%
Sugars 22.2 g
Protein 64 g127.6%
Vitamin A 51.3% Vitamin C 44.5%
Calcium 97.3% Iron 45.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven at 350°F (180°C)
2. Prepare the tomato sauce sauté on a very low flame for about 10 minutes the chopped onion and garlic in a saucepan along with olive. Then add the tomato puree and stir.
3. For the meatballs, combine all the ingredients in a bowl along with finely chopped bread and blend them together. Once done start forming the meatballs they should be about 1/3 oz (10 g) each. Add the meatballs to the tomato sauce let it simmer on a very low flame for about 25-30 minutes, when the meatballs are cooked, add salt to taste and the roughly torn basil leaves.
4. For the béchamel sauce: in a pan whisk the butter and flour and then pour the milk, sprinkle some nutmeg powder and salt to taste, ensure you do not burn the flour and the consistency should be of a thick sauce.
5. Boil the eggs and cut the provola cheese into large cubes and keep it aside.
6. Half-cook the pasta and drain, then slice the hard-boiled eggs; now add the sauce to the pasta and toss well.
7. Coat the pasta with the sauce, but save a couple of tablespoons that you'll use for coating at the end.
8. Take a large oven dish, or a 12 by 10-inch (30x25 cm) baking pan, spread a thin layer of béchamel sauce on the bottom and pour in half of the pasta, try to spread the meatballs evenly around then add half of the cheese cubes and half of the sliced eggs. Now add at least three quarters of the béchamel sauce.
9. Follow the same steps to make the second layer pour the reserved tomato sauce over the top and the remaining béchamel sauce and finally sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Bake for 35-40 minutes.
10. The baked pasta is ready, let it rest for at least 10 minutes
11. Serve it along with a crusty bread slice.
If you want to prevent the eggs from breaking during cooking, pierce one end of the shell with a needle. The shell won't crack while boiling.