- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Baked Orange Beets Recipe
|Beets||1 Pound, washed, trimmed, peeled and thinly sliced|
|Chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Frozen orange juice concentrate||1 Tablespoon|
|Orange juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Orange marmalade||2 Tablespoon, sweetened with fruit juice|
|Fruit juice sweetened orange marmalade||2 Tablespoon|
|Orange slices||3 , for garnishing|
|Orange slices||4 (For Garnish)|
Calories 139 Calories from Fat 3
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.36 g0.55%
Saturated Fat 0.12 g0.62%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 96.8 mg4%
Total Carbohydrates 34 g11.3%
Dietary Fiber 3.7 g14.8%
Sugars 27 g
Protein 2 g4.6%
Vitamin A 1.5% Vitamin C 28.2%
Calcium 2.9% Iron 5.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 350°F before baking.
2) In a steamer, steam or boil beets for 30 to 45 minutes (or more if required) till they become soft.
3) In a small skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of water and sauté onion in it until onion becomes tender.
4) In a shallow baking dish, spread beets in a layer and top with onion.
5) In a small bowl, mix together honey, orange juice concentrate, nutmeg, orange juice, lemon juice and orange marmalade, stirring to dissolve honey and orange juice concentrate.
6) Spoon this mixture evenly over beets and bake, covered for 15 minutes in preheated oven.
7) Garnish with a few fresh orange slices and serve at once.