- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Southern Style Baked Okra and Cherry Tomatoes Recipe Video
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Okra pods||1 Pound, rinsed and left whole, trim the tops if you like|
|Cherry tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), chopped|
|Fresh dill||3 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Sea salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1 Teaspoon, freshly ground (use as per taste)|
|Red chili flakes||1⁄2 Teaspoon (use as per taste)|
Calories 117 Calories from Fat 73
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.1%
Saturated Fat 0.59 g3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 213.1 mg8.9%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.5%
Dietary Fiber 4.4 g17.8%
Sugars 1.5 g
Protein 3 g6.1%
Vitamin A 26.9% Vitamin C 58.8%
Calcium 12.4% Iron 11.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 400°.
2. In the bottom of a cast iron skillet or 8-9” baking dish drizzle a little of the olive oil.
3. Add okra, tomatoes, garlic and dill.
4. Season with salt, freshly ground black pepper and crushed red chili flakes.
5. Stick your hands in there and stir to combine.
6. Drizzle with remaining olive oil.
7. Cover pan tightly with aluminum foil and place in preheated oven.
8. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until okra is soft and tomatoes are starting to collapse.
9. Remove foil, stir vegetables and return to oven, uncovered.
10. Bake another 5-10 minutes to evaporate some of the juices.
11. Remove from oven and serve hot or at room temperature when the vegetables should be very tender.