- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Baked Oatmeal with Apples/Raisins/Walnuts Recipe Video
|Oatmeal/Steel cut oats||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cinnamon powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Agave nector||2 Tablespoon|
|Brown sugar||2 Tablespoon (Optional)|
|Apples||2 Medium, cored and sliced|
|Raisins||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Walnuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Kashi crunch cereal||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 278 Calories from Fat 39
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.4%
Saturated Fat 0.41 g2.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 15.1 mg0.6%
Total Carbohydrates 55 g18.3%
Dietary Fiber 5.8 g23.3%
Sugars 29.2 g
Protein 6 g11.3%
Vitamin A 0.9% Vitamin C 6.2%
Calcium 25.1% Iron 69.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven.
2. In a deep baking dish, spread the oatmeal in the bottom to make about ½ inch base.
3. Sprinkle half of the cinnamon over the oatmeal.
4. Drizzle agave nector and sprinkle brown sugar, all over the oatmeal.
5. Arrange the apple slices, to cover the oatmeal and sprinkle remaining cinnamon over the apples.
6. Sprinkle raisins and walnuts.
7. Spread the kashi cereals all over the top.
8. Stream water into the baking dish just up to the surface of the kashi cereal, but should not cover the cereals.
9. Cover the baking dish with aluminium foil and bake in preheated oven for about 1 hour.
10. Remove the baking dish from oven, remove the foil and allow to cool.
11. Cut the casserole into squares and serve as desired.