- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Baked Mushroom Caps Stuffed With Hazelnuts Recipe
|Mushrooms||24 Medium, wiped clean|
|Unsalted butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), softened to room temperature|
|Finely chopped hazelnuts/Pecans||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs), unblanched|
|Minced chives||2 Tablespoon|
|Minced parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Cracker meal||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
Calories 326 Calories from Fat 242
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g43%
Saturated Fat 11.5 g57.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 46 mg
Sodium 356.4 mg14.8%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.2%
Dietary Fiber 2.8 g11.3%
Sugars 5.1 g
Protein 8 g15.1%
Vitamin A 23.4% Vitamin C 20.3%
Calcium 10.3% Iron 10%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Stem the mushrooms and place caps in a bowl and keep aside.
2. Finely chop the stems.
3. Preheat the oven to 300° F.
4. Mix chopped stems with all remaining ingredients except milk.
5. Spoon this filling into each mushroom cap, stuffing them up to capacity.
6. Arrange the mushrooms in a baking dish
7. Pour in milk
8. Bake, in the preheated oven for 1 hour, spooning the milk over the mushrooms frequently, to keep the mushrooms moist.
9. Use a slotted spoon to lift out the mushrooms from milk.
10. Use mushrooms to garnish a roast or steak platter or serve hot as a side dish, spooning the milk over each serving.