- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Baked Monkfish With Yellow Squash And Sage Recipe
|White wine vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), mixed with 1 tablespoon of water|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sage||2 Teaspoon, chopped|
|Chopped sage||2 Teaspoon|
|Pepper||To Taste, freshly ground|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|Onion||1 , cut into 1-inch pieces|
|Onion||1 , cut into 1 inch pieces|
|Yellow squash||2 , scrubbed and thinly sliced|
|Parmesan cheese||3 Tablespoon, grated|
|Bread crumbs||3 Tablespoon|
|Monk fish fillets||1 Pound|
|Grated parmesan cheese||3 Tablespoon|
|Monkfish fillets||1 Pound|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 427 Calories from Fat 93
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.9%
Saturated Fat 3.8 g19%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 48 mg
Sodium 505.7 mg21.1%
Total Carbohydrates 43 g14.4%
Dietary Fiber 11.6 g46.2%
Sugars 22.6 g
Protein 40 g80.3%
Vitamin A 6.4% Vitamin C 10.1%
Calcium 27.9% Iron 12.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Season and preheat the plank to a temperature of 350 degrees.
2) In a medium saucepan, put the sugar, salt, vinegar, sage and pepper. Bring the mixture to the boiling point.
3) Cook the mixture for about one minute, stirring constantly, and then take it off the heat.
4) Add the squash and onions. Stir well to coat properly.
5) Combine together the cheese and bread crumbs in a small mixing bowl.
6) Into the oval of the preheat plank, place the fillets and brush them lightly with olive oil. Sprinkle the cheese-breadcrumbs mixture all over.
7) Around the prepared fillets, arrange the squash and onions.
8) Bake the contents for about 30 minutes, till the edges of the vegetables turn light golden in color.
9) Serve hot.