- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Baked Mexicali Casserole Recipe
|Diced green peppers||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Diced tomatoes||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Corn meal||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cooked corn||3 3⁄4 Cup (60 tbs)|
|Shredded cheddar cheese||8 Cup (128 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 1544 Calories from Fat 775
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 87 g134.5%
Saturated Fat 50.2 g251.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 242.1 mg
Sodium 2002.9 mg83.5%
Total Carbohydrates 121 g40.4%
Dietary Fiber 14.5 g57.8%
Sugars 8.3 g
Protein 64 g127.6%
Vitamin A 117.1% Vitamin C 139%
Calcium 166.4% Iron 32.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F, 20 minutes before serving time.
2. In a medium oven proof casserole, heat the oil over a medium flame.
3. When the oil is hot, add the diced peppers and sauté for 5 minutes or until soft.
4. To the peppers, add the tomatoes, cornmeal, corn, spices and seasonings and sauté to mix well.
5. Pour in the water and stir until all ingredients are well blended.
6. Reduce the flame, cover the pot and simmer the mixture for 40 to 60 minutes stirring occasionally and adding more water if necessary to prevent the mixture from sticking to the bottom.
7. Generously scatter the shredded cheese over mixture and place the casserole in the preheated oven to bake for 15 minutes until the cheese has melted and is bubbly.
8. Serve the casserole straight out of the oven.