- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Betty's Oven-Baked Tomato Mac 'n Cheese Recipe Video
|Elbow macaroni||7 Ounce (I used salad macaroni)|
|Water||1 Liter (as needed)|
|Salt||1 Tablespoon (Boiled in salt water)|
|Chopped onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk/Skim milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Condensed cream of mushroom soup||10 3⁄4 Ounce|
|Shredded cheddar cheese||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Diced tomato||14 1⁄2 Ounce, drained (You can save the drained juice and substitute it for the 1/2 cup milk)|
Calories 341 Calories from Fat 146
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g25.1%
Saturated Fat 10 g50%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 49.1 mg16.4%
Sodium 448.7 mg18.7%
Total Carbohydrates 33 g11%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.6%
Sugars 5.3 g
Protein 14 g28.1%
Vitamin A 23.9% Vitamin C 15.3%
Calcium 30.6% Iron 5.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
2. In a large pot, cook macaroni in boiling salted water for about 8 minutes or until al dente (chewy, but not mushy). Drain in colander and put it back into the pot.
3. For sauce, in a medium-sized sauce pan, melt butter or margarine and add chopped onion to it. Stir, and saute until translucent.
4. Add condensed cream of mushroom soup, milk, cheddar cheese, and diced tomatoes. Mix well. Cook over low heat until the mixture is smooth and cooked through.
5. Pour sauce into the pot with macaroni and mix well.
6. In greased 8-inch by 10-inch Pyrex dish transfer the mixture and pop it in oven. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until done.
7. Serve hot and enjoy!