- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Baked Macaroni In Pastry Recipe
|Flaky pastry/Puff pastry||400 Gram|
|Beef||200 Gram, minced|
|Pork||200 Gram, minced|
|Tomato puree||3 Tablespoon|
|Parmesan cheese||100 Gram, grated|
|Liver||200 Gram (Preferably Chicken Liver)|
|Bacon||200 Gram, finely chopped|
|Chicken stock/Beef stock||250 Milliliter|
|Butter||1 Tablespoon (For Frying)|
Calories 1153 Calories from Fat 410
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 46 g71%
Saturated Fat 15.1 g75.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 315.6 mg
Sodium 1030.2 mg42.9%
Total Carbohydrates 107 g35.7%
Dietary Fiber 6.6 g26.3%
Sugars 17.7 g
Protein 70 g139.9%
Vitamin A 821.9% Vitamin C 10.6%
Calcium 36.9% Iron 75.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pan fry the onion in butter, add the minced meat, bacon and cook for 5 minutes.
2. Then add the liver and cook for three more minutes.
3. Then add the tomato puree and stock, let it simmer gently for 15 minutes and season with salt & pepper.
4. In a large pot full of salted boiling water prepare the macaroni and cook until just done, making sure not to overcook it.
5. Drain the pasta well and mix with the sauce.
6. Add beaten eggs to the pasta along with the parmesan.
7. Roll out 3/4 of the pastry to fit the bottom and the sides of an oven dish and put in the macaroni mixture.
8. Cover the top with the remaining pastry, brush over with beaten egg or milk and prick all over with a fork.
9. Bake in a moderate oven for 1-1 1/2 hours.
10. Serve hot with desired garnish.