- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Baked Lobster Waiohai Recipe
|Cayenne pepper||1 Dash|
|Sake/Dry white wine||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Diced water chestnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water chestnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced|
|Diced bamboo shoots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Bamboo shoots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced|
|Diced celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Romaine lettuce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced|
|Diced romaine lettuce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|French dressing||3 Tablespoon|
|Chili sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Mayonnaise||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Ketchup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 2977 Calories from Fat 1106
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 187 g287.3%
Saturated Fat 38.5 g192.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 159.2 mg
Sodium 2899.7 mg120.8%
Total Carbohydrates 96 g31.8%
Dietary Fiber 12.1 g48.4%
Sugars 69.9 g
Protein 38 g75.3%
Vitamin A 55% Vitamin C 30.6%
Calcium 19% Iron 50.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Shell lobster and dice the meat; reserve shells.
2. Season the meat with salt and cayenne pepper.
3. In a bowl, marinate the seasoned lobster in sake for 1 hour.
4. After marinating drain the lobster.
5. In a separate mixing bowl, combine water chestnuts, bamboo shoots, celery, romaine, parsley, French dressing, chili sauce, and Worcestershire sauce.
6. In a cup, combine mayonnaise and ketchup; keep aside.
7. Preheat oven to 400°F.
8. In a skillet, heat butter and sautÃ© lobster for about 12 minutes.
9. Let the lobster cool down.
10. Add the cooled lobster to the water chestnut mixture.
11. Stuff the reserved lobster shell with the lobster meat mixture.
12. In a baking dish, place the stuffed lobster shells and pour the mayonnaise- sauce mixture over lobster.
13. Place the dish in oven and bake for about 10 minutes until brown.
14. In a serve plate, place the lobsters and garnish with lime or lemon wedges.