- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Baked Lemon and Bay Custards Recipe
|Bay leaves||12 , bruised|
|Lemon rind||2 (Long Strips)|
|Double cream||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter)|
|Caster sugar||5 Ounce (150 Gram)|
|Lemon juice||3 1⁄2 Fluid Ounce (100 Milliliter)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1544 Calories from Fat 769
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 86 g131.6%
Saturated Fat 7.9 g39.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1031 mg
Sodium 292.2 mg12.2%
Total Carbohydrates 167 g55.6%
Dietary Fiber 5.7 g22.8%
Sugars 146.7 g
Protein 31 g61.9%
Vitamin A 39.3% Vitamin C 131.6%
Calcium 25.9% Iron 52.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 120°C / 250°F / Gas Mark 1/2.
2) In a small saucepan, gently heat the lemon rind, bay leaves until it boiling point. Turn off the heat and leave for about 2 hours.
3) Whisk the egg yolk , sugar and eggs together until creamy pale, then whisk in the lemon juice. Strain the cream mixture into a bowl and blend well.
4) In 8 individual ramekin dishes, pour the custard and place over a baking sheet.
5) Bake in the preheated oven for 50 minutes or until firm. Cool and refrigerate until needed.
6) Serve the custard at room temperature.