- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Baked Kidney Beans Recipe
|Bacon||1 Pound, chopped|
|Canned kidney beans||1 Pound (1 Can)|
|Scallions||2 Bunch (200 gm)|
|Chili sauce||12 Ounce (1 Jar)|
|Green pepper||1 Small, chopped|
|Brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 313 Calories from Fat 125
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g22.4%
Saturated Fat 5 g25.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 30 mg
Sodium 1345.9 mg56.1%
Total Carbohydrates 35 g11.6%
Dietary Fiber 7.5 g30.1%
Sugars 16.7 g
Protein 16 g31.7%
Vitamin A 17.4% Vitamin C 54%
Calcium 10.7% Iron 12.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Heat a small skillet over a high flame and sauté the bacon to render fat and until browned and crisp.
2. Use a slotted spoon to remove the bacon onto paper toweling and drain.
3. In a slow-cooker or a crock pot combine bacon, beans, scallions, chili sauce and pepper and stir to mix well
4. Sprinkle brown sugar over the mixture
5. Cover the pot with its lid
6. Slow cook the beans on HIGH for about 5 hours or if you are not in a hurry, cook on LOW for about 10 hours.
7. Spoon into a serving dish and serve hot as a side dish or use as required.