- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Baked Ham Slice Sauterne Recipe
|Ham slice||2 Pound, cut 1 1/2 inches thick|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sauterne/Other white dinner wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 651 Calories from Fat 215
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g36.8%
Saturated Fat 7.2 g36.1%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 147.4 mg
Sodium 1701.9 mg70.9%
Total Carbohydrates 57 g18.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.93 g3.7%
Sugars 41.2 g
Protein 52 g103.4%
Vitamin A 2.9% Vitamin C 0.87%
Calcium 6.5% Iron 18.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. In a shallow baking pan place the ham.
3. In a saucepan mix the sugar and cornstarch, stir in water and margarine and cook, stirring constantly for 5 minutes.
4. Remove the pan from heat, stir in the raisins and wine and pour over the ham.
5. Bake uncovered for 45 minutes such that tender.
6. Serve hot with desired garnish.