- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Baked Ham Loaf In Pineapple Raisin Sauce Recipe
|Smoked ham||3⁄4 Pound, ground|
|Lean fresh pork||3⁄4 Pound, ground|
|Bread crumbs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dry mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Tomato juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pineapple juice||4 Tablespoon|
|Raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Grated lemon rind||1|
|Prepared mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Currant jelly||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 270 Calories from Fat 70
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12%
Saturated Fat 2.6 g13.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 147.2 mg
Sodium 602.7 mg25.1%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.8 g3.2%
Sugars 19.7 g
Protein 24 g48.7%
Vitamin A 3.6% Vitamin C 15.5%
Calcium 5.2% Iron 10.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350°
2. Grease a loaf pan with oil or butter.
3. In a bowl, combine the ground pork, ham, bread crumbs, mustard, eggs, tomato juice and milk.
4. Mix well with a wooden spoon until thoroughly blended.
5. Turn the mixture into the greased loaf pan.
6. Bake in the preheated oven for about 1 hour.
7. Combine the pineapple juice, raisins, lemon juice and rind.
8. Pour pineapple-raisin sauce over the loaf and return to oven for 30 minutes.
9. When baked, remove and allow resting for 10 minutes before unmoulding on a serving platter.
10. Combine ginger, mustard and red currant jelly in a saucepan.
11. Stir over low heat until jelly melts.
12. Pour the currant jelly sauce over the ham loaf.
13. Slice and serve with a tossed green salad.