- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Baked Ham in Savory Pastry Recipe
|Apricot jam||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Southern comfort||2 Tablespoon|
|Dry mustard||3 Tablespoon|
Calories 1233 Calories from Fat 296
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g51.1%
Saturated Fat 9.7 g48.6%
Trans Fat 0.3 g
Cholesterol 639.8 mg
Sodium 510.8 mg21.3%
Total Carbohydrates 33 g11.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.08 g0.32%
Sugars 30.3 g
Protein 189 g377.9%
Vitamin A 1.2% Vitamin C 0.06%
Calcium 16.2% Iron 32.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 325°.
2) Take a saucepot and warm Apricot jam in it. Add brown sugar, dry mustard and Southern Comfort. Melt all the ingredients together.
3) Trim ham over dark outer skin, and score the remaining fat.
4) Brush the prepared liquid sauce over ham and bake on the rack in a roasting pan for 1 hour.
5) Cool for about 1 hour.
6) Preheat oven to 400 °F.
7) Roll out the pastry 1/8-inch thick and drape over ham, tucking around the base. Make sure to leave 1-inch flat around base. Save extra pastry for decorations.
8) Mix 2 eggs with 1/4 cup of water and brush the mixture over entire pastry.
9) Make desired decorations on the top and secure the decorations with remaining egg mixture.
10) Bake for about 1 hour or until pastry is golden brown.
11) Serve warm with some extra Apricot jam and simply enjoy!