- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Baked Haddock Recipe
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Cooking oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Canned tomatoes||16 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Green pepper||1 Small|
Calories 446 Calories from Fat 255
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g42.8%
Saturated Fat 6.1 g30.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 42.8 mg
Sodium 737.8 mg30.7%
Total Carbohydrates 35 g11.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.9 g11.6%
Sugars 6.9 g
Protein 18 g35.5%
Vitamin A 12.9% Vitamin C 37.8%
Calcium 8.6% Iron 18.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven at 350°F.
2. Wash, peel and chop the tomatoes, onions and garlic.
3. Wash the pepper and remove the stalk end, seeds and ribs. Also, chop the pepper flesh into small pieces.
4. Take a buttered baking dish and properly arrange the fillets in single layers.
5. Dust some salt, freshly ground pepper and lemon juice on the top of it.
6. Pour in about 1 tablespoon of the cooking oil and close the dish using some buttered foil.
7. Place the dish in the centre of the preheated oven and cook for about 20 minutes or unless the fish flakes smoothly.
8. Take a skillet and heat about 2 tablespoons of cooking oil.
9. Then, add in some onion, garlic, and pepper and sauté for 5 minutes over low heat.
10. Mix some tomatoes and season with salt, freshly ground pepper, and marjoram.
11. Simmer for about 10 minutes.
12. Remove the fish and drain off the liquid completely.
13. Add some tomato and cooked onion mix on the top of the fish and bake for additional 10 minutes.
14. Serve this dish with green vegetables and rice.