- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Baked Green Rice Recipe
|Hot cooked rice||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Shredded monterey jack cheese/Mild cheddar cheese||8 Ounce (2 Cups)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Canned green chilies||4 Ounce, drained, seeded, and chopped (1 Can)|
|Finely chopped parsley||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 423 Calories from Fat 211
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g37%
Saturated Fat 14.4 g72%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 134.5 mg
Sodium 697.8 mg29.1%
Total Carbohydrates 37 g12.5%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.7%
Sugars 4.4 g
Protein 15 g29.2%
Vitamin A 25.6% Vitamin C 28.3%
Calcium 35% Iron 13.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F
2. Generously grease a 2-quart baking dish or casserole with butter or oil.
3. To the hot rice, add cheese, butter, chilies, parsley, onion, salt, and pepper.
4. Toss well until all the ingredients and thoroughly mixed.
5. Blend the eggs and milk and gently stir into the rice mixture.
6. Turn the mixture into the baking dish and cover with lid or foil.
7. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
8. Uncover and bake for another 10 minutes.
9. Serve hot straight out of the oven.