- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Baked Glazed Parsnips Recipe
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄8 Pound (4 Tablespoons)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Lemon peel||1 Teaspoon, grated|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 999 Calories from Fat 416
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 47 g72.9%
Saturated Fat 29.4 g146.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 121.9 mg40.6%
Sodium 536.4 mg22.3%
Total Carbohydrates 149 g49.7%
Dietary Fiber 22.8 g91%
Sugars 88.7 g
Protein 6 g12%
Vitamin A 28.4% Vitamin C 139.3%
Calcium 18.4% Iron 15.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Wash the parsnips and scrape them.
2) Cut the parsnips into 3-4 inch lengths.
30 Take a 8-inch square baking pan and melt butter into it at 375 degrees.
4) Take out the pan and add brown sugar, salt and lemon peel.
5) Put the parsnips and make the glaze.
6) Pour the mixture in a baking dish and bake for 50 minutes at 325 degrees.
7) Serve the dish in a serving platter.