- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Baked Garlic Recipe
|Whole garlic head||3 (Plump)|
|Whole heads plump garlic||3|
|Olive oil||3 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
Calories 50 Calories from Fat 44
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7.7%
Saturated Fat 0.7 g3.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 130 mg5.4%
Total Carbohydrates 1 g0.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.16 g0.65%
Sugars 0 g
Protein 0.26 g0.52%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 1.9%
Calcium 0.8% Iron 1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 250°F.
2. With a sharp paring knife, slit the outer skin of each garlic head around the middle.
3. Then peel off the thin outer skin leaving insides intact.
4. In a small baking dish, arrange the garlic heads making them sit on their base.
5. Over each, spoon about 1 teaspoon of olive oil and sprinkle salt and pepper.
6. Cover the dish with foil sealing at the edges.
7. Bake the garlic heads slowly in preheated oven for almost 1 1/2 hours or until very soft and almost mushy.
8. Halve each head vertically and serve half per person to spread over toasted bread or crostinis.