- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Best Fruit Now - French Toast with Blueberry Syrup Recipe Video
|For french toast|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||3 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Baguette roll||1 Pound, sliced (15 slices)|
|For blueberry syrup|
|Fresh blueberries||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Pure maple syrup||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Fresh lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 249 Calories from Fat 35
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6%
Saturated Fat 1.5 g7.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 108.6 mg36.2%
Sodium 351.5 mg14.6%
Total Carbohydrates 45 g14.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.46 g1.8%
Sugars 15.1 g
Protein 8 g16.4%
Vitamin A 3.2% Vitamin C 4.4%
Calcium 5.3% Iron 3.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and pour in the milk, whisk well.
3. Add in the nutmeg and vanilla extract, mix all the ingredients well.
4. In a baking pan, place the baguettes slices and pour in the egg mixture. Refrigerate for 8 hours to overnight.
5. Take out the baking pan from the fridge and bake for 20 minutes at 400 degrees.
6. Meanwhile make blueberry sauce – in a saucepan, add in the blueberries and pure maple syrup. Cook on stove at low heat until blueberry starts to burst.
7. Turn off the heat and add lemon juice into the mixture.
8. Slice the toast and place on a plate, top with blueberry sauce, pecans and strawberries.