- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Baked French Toast Recipe Video
|French bread loaf||1 , sliced diagonally|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Half and half||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Butter||2 1⁄2 Tablespoon (1/2 tablespoon for greasing and 2 tablespoon for serving)|
|Berries||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced (Optional)|
|Syrup||1 Cup (16 tbs) (syrup of your choice)|
Calories 526 Calories from Fat 118
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20%
Saturated Fat 6 g30.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 232.1 mg77.4%
Sodium 338.2 mg14.1%
Total Carbohydrates 94 g31.2%
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g12.4%
Sugars 13.7 g
Protein 15 g29.7%
Vitamin A 8.9% Vitamin C 8.1%
Calcium 17.2% Iron 17.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Grease the bottom and sides of a baking dish with butter.
2. Using a sharp bread knife, cut the French bread diagonally in ½” slices.
3. In a baking dish, arrange the bread slices overlapping each other.
4. Sprinkle brown sugar all over the bread, and in between pieces.
5. In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, vanilla, half and half, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
6. Stream the egg mixture all over the bread, to cover all the bread slices.
7. Cover the baking dish with foil, refrigerate and allow to soak over night.
8. Next morning, preheat the oven to 350 F.
9. Take off the foil, and bake the oven for 40 minutes, or until browned on top.
10. Cut in squares and serve with fresh berries, butter, and syrup if desired.