- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Baked Fish and Chips Recipe Video
|Egg||1 Large, lightly beaten|
|Coarse salt||To Taste|
|Ground pepper||To Taste|
|Panko breadcrumbs||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cajun seasoning||1 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Sole fillets||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Light mayonnaise||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped fresh parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dijon mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Fresh lemon juice||1 Tablespoon, plus lemon wedges for serving|
|Lemon wedges||2 (For Garnishing)|
|Prepared white horseradish||2 Teaspoon|
|Russet potatoes||2 Pound, peeled, cut lengthwise into thin slices|
|Vegetable oil/Canola oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Emerill's creole blend||To Taste|
Calories 793 Calories from Fat 336
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 37 g57.6%
Saturated Fat 8.3 g41.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 148.9 mg
Sodium 1002.1 mg41.8%
Total Carbohydrates 81 g27%
Dietary Fiber 5.2 g21%
Sugars 9.5 g
Protein 33 g66.1%
Vitamin A 11.1% Vitamin C 41.2%
Calcium 8.2% Iron 14.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheated the oven to 475 degrees F.
2. Line a baking sheets with aluminum foil, spray with PAM; set aside.
3. Place egg in a wide shallow bowl; season with salt and pepper.
4. In another bowl, combine panko, Cajun seasoning, and oil.
5. Dip sole into egg, then into panko mixture, pressing to adhere.
6. Place on prepared baking sheets.
7. Toss potato slices with canola oil in large bowl.
8. Sprinkle potato slices generously with salt, pepper, and the Creole seasoning; spread in single layer on prepared baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
9. Bake the fish until lightly browned, 12 to 15 minutes.
10. Lower the oven to 450 degrees F and roast the potato slices until tender and brown in spots, turning occasionally, about 30-40 minutes depending on the thickness of your potato slices.
11. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
12. In a small bowl, stir together mayonnaise, parsley, mustard, lemon juice, and horseradish; season with salt and pepper.
13. Serve with sauce and lemon wedges on the side