- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Baked Filled Zucchini Recipe
|Zucchini||3 (1 to 2 inch thick)|
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Ground beef/Leftover cooked meat||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Bread slice||1 , cubed|
|Canned tomato sauce||8 Ounce (1 can)|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), grated|
Calories 194 Calories from Fat 125
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.6%
Saturated Fat 5.9 g29.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 36.2 mg
Sodium 401.9 mg16.7%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g2.9%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.3%
Sugars 3.9 g
Protein 10 g20.8%
Vitamin A 9.8% Vitamin C 34.4%
Calcium 7.9% Iron 7.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 375° F.
2) In a pan, cook the zucchini in boiling salted water for about 3 minutes.
3) Halve lengthwise and remove the pulp from the zucchini.
4) Sprinkle with the salt and pepper to taste.
5) In a skillet, saute the onion, celery and meat in butter, until lightly browned.
6) Stir in the bread cubes, zucchini pulp and tomato sauce; mix thoroughly.
7) Spoon the mixture in the zucchini halves.
8) In a shallow baking pan, place the stuffed zucchini halves and sprinkle with cheese.
9) Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, until tender.
10) Serve the Baked Filled Zucchini immediately.