- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Baked Eggs Au Gratin Recipe
|Hard boiled eggs||2|
|Fresh mushrooms||2 , chopped|
|Chopped onion||2 Tablespoon|
|White sauce/Cream sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grated american cheese||1 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 595 Calories from Fat 437
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 49 g75.9%
Saturated Fat 24.7 g123.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 571.6 mg
Sodium 938.7 mg39.1%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.8%
Dietary Fiber 1 g4.1%
Sugars 9 g
Protein 24 g47.9%
Vitamin A 36.2% Vitamin C 6.6%
Calcium 31.6% Iron 10.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Slice the hard boiled eggs lengthwise into half
2. Remove the yolks, add to a bowl and mash with the back of the spoon into a smooth paste. Keep aside.
3. Preheat the oven to 300° F
4. In a saucepan, melt the butter over a low flame.
5. Add onion and mushrooms and sauté it until soft and lightly browned.
6. Let the mixture cool before tipping into the bowl with mashed egg yolks.
7. Add seasoning to the mixture and mix well.
8. Spoon this mixture into the egg white shells.
9. Arrange the eggs stuff side up, in a casserole.
10. Coat the eggs with the sauce and top with cheese.
11. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes until the sauce is hot and bubbly and the cheese has melted and lightly browned.
12. Serve the Egg Au Gratin hot, straight out of the oven.