- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Baked Eggplant with Ham Recipe
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), minced|
|Ham||1 Cup (16 tbs), cooked and diced|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), grated or shredded (mozzarella or parmesan)|
|Buttered bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 210 Calories from Fat 107
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.6%
Saturated Fat 6.6 g33.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 102.7 mg
Sodium 141.2 mg5.9%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.5%
Dietary Fiber 4.9 g19.7%
Sugars 3.5 g
Protein 14 g27.9%
Vitamin A 7.5% Vitamin C 24%
Calcium 10.2% Iron 5.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to moderate, 350°F, 180°c, gas mark 4.
2. Grease a 1 quart casserole dish.
3. Take out juice of the lemon and mix it with water.
4. Peel the eggplant and dip it in the lemon water.
5. Take it out cut it into dices and dip it again.
6. Take it out and rinse with cold water.
7. In a pan boil some water and parboil the diced eggplant (about 10 minutes).
8. In a pan add the butter and cook the ham and onion in it for 5 minutes or until onions are translucent.
9. Take it out in a bowl and let it cool down.
10. Now add eggplant and egg to the ham and onion mixture and mix well.
11. Mix he cheese and bread crumbs together.
12. Put this in the greased casserole dish, sprinkle the cheese mixture on top and bake it for 40 minutes or until the crust is nicely browned.
13. Serve hot with a crisp salad.