- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Baked Eggplant Parmesan Recipe Video
|Tomato sauce||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Parmesan cheese||3 Tablespoon, grated|
|Part skim ricotta cheese||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Fresh parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fresh mozzarella||4 Ounce, diced|
|Garlic powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Basil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), freshly chopped|
|Cooking oil/Olive oil||6 Dash|
Calories 263 Calories from Fat 102
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g17.7%
Saturated Fat 6.3 g31.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 69.4 mg
Sodium 244.9 mg10.2%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g8.1%
Dietary Fiber 7.3 g29.1%
Sugars 10.6 g
Protein 18 g36.6%
Vitamin A 29.9% Vitamin C 43.6%
Calcium 35.4% Iron 12%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Cut eggplant into half an inch rounds. Sprinkle salt over it and transfer it into a colander. Let it sit for 30 minutes.
3. Spray a baking sheet with oil( 3 dashes).
4. Lay the egg plant on a paper towel and cover the egg plant with another towel and pat the eggplant dry.
5. On the prepared baking sheet, arrange the eggplants.Spray cooking oil( 3 dashes) over the eggplant and season with salt, freshly ground pepper and garlic powder. Flip the eggplant and season in a similar manner.
6. Bake at 400F for 20 minutes, flip when halfway done.
7. In a bowl, take ricotta cheese, add egg, freshly chopped parsley, salt and freshly ground pepper. Mix it well.
8. In a glass baking dish, spread out tomato sauce. Layer eggplant over it and let it overlap.
9. Take half the quantity of ricotta cheese mixture and gently spread over the top of the eggplant.
10. Finish with a tablespoon of Parmesan cheese. Again, prepare the same layers of tomato sauce, egg plant, ricotta cheese and Parmesan cheese.
11. Layer it again with tomato sauce and top it with diced mozzarella cheese. Finish by sprinkling with Parmesan cheese.
12. Bake again at 400F the oven for 30 minutes.Allow to cool for 15 to 20 minutes.
13. Cut into squares and serve.