- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Baked Egg Custard Recipe
|Nutmeg||1 Pinch (4 Drops Vanilla Essence)|
|Cooking fat||3 Tablespoon|
Calories 507 Calories from Fat 337
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 38 g58.3%
Saturated Fat 10.1 g50.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 341.2 mg113.7%
Sodium 201 mg8.4%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.07 g0.27%
Sugars 27.5 g
Protein 17 g34.4%
Vitamin A 12.2% Vitamin C 0.02%
Calcium 31.2% Iron 8.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to Regulo 3 or 300°F.
2. Take a 1 pint pie dish and grease it a cooking fat of choice.
3. In a basin, break eggs and whisk with a fork until smooth. Put in vanilla essence if used.
4. In a bowl, warm milk and sugar together to 98°F; make sure the sugar has dissolved.
5. Pour the warmed milk into the beaten egg basin and stir to blend
6. Strain the blended mix into the greased pie dish. Scatter nutmeg lightly.
7. Cook two-thirds of the way down the oven for 40 to 50 minutes, or until the custard is set.
8. Chill and serve cold.