- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Baked Cortland Apples With Maple Yogurt Recipe
|Brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Freshly grated nutmeg||1 Pinch|
|Ground mace||1 Pinch|
|Yogurt/Whipped cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Maple syrup||1 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 419 Calories from Fat 146
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g25.6%
Saturated Fat 10.4 g51.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 46.9 mg
Sodium 57.4 mg2.4%
Total Carbohydrates 69 g22.9%
Dietary Fiber 5.2 g20.8%
Sugars 60 g
Protein 5 g9.2%
Vitamin A 11.6% Vitamin C 12.9%
Calcium 18.7% Iron 4.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Pre-heat the oven to 375°.
2) Using a knife, cut off the top of the apple and core it. Make sure that the knife does not cut through the bottom skin.
3) Stuff the apple cavity with the sugar, butter, cinnamon, nutmeg, and mace.
4) Keep the apple in a shallow baking dish with 1/2 inch boiling water on the bottom.
5) Bake in the oven for about 35 to 40 minutes, till the apple is tender.
6) Serve warm yogurt or lightly whipped cream that has been sweetened with maple syrup.