- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Baked Churros Recipe Video
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||4 Tablespoon, divided (2 1/2 tablespoons for dough+ 2 tablespoons for coating)|
|Canola oil||6 Tablespoon, divided (2 tablespoon for dough+3 tablespoons for greasing+ 1 tablespoon for basting)|
|Cake flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 415 Calories from Fat 13
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g2%
Saturated Fat 0.01 g0.04%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1166.8 mg48.6%
Total Carbohydrates 92 g30.8%
Dietary Fiber 9.1 g36.3%
Sugars 30.3 g
Protein 10 g20.8%
Vitamin A 0.1% Vitamin C 0.16%
Calcium 26.2% Iron 2.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 425 degree.
2. Grease a baking sheet with canola oil. Keep it aside.
3. In a pan, add water, sugar, canola oil, vanilla, and salt. Bring it boil. Stir until sugar dissolves.
4. Remove the pan from heat, put flour, and baking powder in it. Mix into a smooth dough.
5. While the dough is warm, clump little dough, and roll it into thin strips with your palm. Place the strip on the baking sheet. Repeat for remaining mixture.
6. Baste strips with canola oil.
7. Place the baking sheet in oven, and bake for 10 minutes or until lightly brown.
8. Flip and bake for another 10 minutes.
9. In a paper bag add sugar, and cinnamon.
10. Put hot baked churros in it. Shake to coat well.
11. Serve churros warm with a glass of mango shake.
Baking time may vary depending on the size of the strip and your oven. So you must keep an eye on your churros while baking.