- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Super Bowl Recipes: Stuffed Bacon Cheddar Burgers & Baked Ginger Sesame Wings (Cooking With Carolyn) Recipe Video
|For the baked ginger sesame wings|
|Chicken wing drumettes||5 Pound, thawed|
|Chinese five spice powder||3 Tablespoon|
|For the marinade|
|Kosher salt||2 Teaspoon|
|Hoisin sauce||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Fresh ginger||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), grated|
|Toasted sesame oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Sesame seeds||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Rice vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Sriracha chili sauce||4 Teaspoon|
|For the stuffed bacon cheddar burgers|
|Mayonnaise||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dijon mustard||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (whole grain)|
|Ground beef 80% lean||1 1⁄2 Pound (or ground turkey)|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), mince|
|All purpose seasoning||2 Tablespoon (Grand Diamond)|
|Smoked paprika||2 Teaspoon|
|Chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Kosher salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Sharp cheddar cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated (Yellow Sharp Cheddar Cheese)|
|Bacon slices||12 (Cooked, Smoked Applewood)|
|Cheddar cheese slice||4 (sharp)|
|Red leaf lettuce||1⁄2 Bunch (50 gm)|
|Tomatoes||3 Medium, slice|
|Sliced pickles||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Medium, thinly sliced|
Calories 632 Calories from Fat 368
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 42 g65.2%
Saturated Fat 10.5 g52.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 127.5 mg
Sodium 1278.2 mg53.3%
Total Carbohydrates 27 g9.1%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g10.7%
Sugars 12 g
Protein 38 g76.9%
Vitamin A 16.2% Vitamin C 10.7%
Calcium 18.1% Iron 14.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedOlive oil cooking spray
1. Thaw the chicken wing drumettes.
2. Preheat the oven at 450 degree.
3. Prepare a baking sheet which is lined with aluminum foil.
4. Spray the olive oil cooking spray on the baking sheet.
5. Place the chicken wings skin-side up and leave ½ inch space between the wings.
6. Sprinkle Chinese five spice over the chicken wings.
7. Bake in a preheated oven for 35-45 minutes, turn each wings half way through the cooking time.
8. In a bowl combine the hoisin, ginger, sesame oil, sesame seeds, rice vinegar, sriracha and honey into a medium sauce pot.
9. Simmer the sauce over medium low heat for 20 minutes.
10. After 20 minutes remove and turn of the heat.
11. Once the chicken is done, place it in a large bowl and pour the desired amount of the sauce or until each wings are coated well with the sauce.
12. Serve the baked ginger and sesame wings in your next super bowl game.
FOR THE STUFFED BACON CHEDDAR BURGER
1. Chop the cooked bacon slices and combine it with grated cheddar cheese in a small bowl.
2. Slice the tomatoes, onions and pickles, wash the lettuce leaves and keep everything aside.
3. In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, garlic, Grand Diamond All Purpose Seasoning, smoked paprika, chili powder, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
4. Mix until well combined, divide the meat mixture into 4 portions.
5. Take one of the portion and divide it into half the on a parchment paper flatten one half into the shape of a patties, add the bacon and cheese mixture and cover it with the other flatten patties, making sure to close the edges of both patties together.
6. Pinch the edges together so that the cheese and burger do not come out and reshape if necessary, once done make a small well or dent in the center of the burger patties.
7. Repeat the same steps for the other 3 portions.
8. Preheat a large pan and cook the burger patties over medium heat, about 6-7 minutes on each side.
9. Once you flip the patties, place the sliced cheese on top and let the cheese melt.
10. In a small bowl, combine and mix the mayonnaise and mustard.
11. Once done toast the buns and grill some red onions as well on the side.
12. Spread some of the mayonnaise sauce on each side.
13. Top the bottom bun with lettuce, the hamburger patty, 2 slices of bacon, tomato slices, pickles and onions.
14. Top the burger with the top of the bun.
15. Serve the stuffed bacon cheddar burger and enjoy the super bowl match.
Add 3 tablespoon of olive oil if using turkey meat instead of beef.