- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Baked Chicken Creamy Gravy Recipe
|Broiler fryer chicken||1|
|Fat||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Melted butter/Margarine||3 Tablespoon|
|Cream gravy||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 6181 Calories from Fat 3188
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 356 g546.9%
Saturated Fat 118 g589.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 2158.9 mg
Sodium 6766.1 mg281.9%
Total Carbohydrates 357 g119.1%
Dietary Fiber 13.3 g53.1%
Sugars 25.3 g
Protein 364 g727.8%
Vitamin A 143.6% Vitamin C 45.9%
Calcium 129.1% Iron 215.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Shake chicken pieces with 4 tablespoons flour, 1 teaspoon salt, paprika and pepper in paper bag to coat lightly.
3. Brown, a few at a time, in hot fat in heavy frying pan; drain on paper towel.
4. Sift 1 1/2 cups flour, baking powder and 1 teaspoon salt into medium-size bowl.
5. Beat eggs slightly in second medium-size bowl; blend in milk and melted butter or margarine. Stir into dry ingredients; beat with rotary beater until smooth.
6. Pour batter into buttered shallow 8-cup baking dish; arrange chicken in batter.
7. Bake in moderate oven (350°) 1 hour, or until golden. (Keep oven door closed for full hour.)